Who are we?
We are volunteers, permanent workers, young people in voluntary service, and inhabitants, gathered in an associative movement: les Compagnons Bâtisseurs. Our French network actually includes 11 regional organizations, all members of the National Association of the Compagnons Bâtisseurs. Furthermore, we work with many partners abroad on the inclusion issues.
What are we doing?
We accompany each year more than a thousand homes in the rehabilitation of their housing, bringing the families together in the spirit of mutual aid. We contribute to the amelioration of the general housing conditions of the most vulnerable populations and we increase neighborhood solidarity. We put the inhabitant in the center of the rehabilitation project of his own housing. Our work mixes a technical help brought to the families to realize the work in their housing and a social accompaniment wish offers a better re-insertion of the families both in their neighborhood and environment.
To joins us as young volunteer
Since our creation in 1957, youth have been an important part of the Compagnons Bâtisseurs’s project. Coming from France or abroad, they volunteer for 6 to 12 months. Alongside with the residents, the local volunteer and the others members of Compagnons Bâtisseurs, the young volunteers participate to our activities: renovation and construction sites, workshops, technical visits, etc. The volunteers also have the opportunity to participate in national and international projects (training or project abroad…). They can work as well on personal projects linked to the association (photo exhibition, testimony, video clip…).
These missions are open to anyone without diplomas or qualifications requirements. Teams are mixed and are made from youths from everywhere and various horizons.
There are two ways to become a volunteer with us:
- Civic service: open to French and Europeans aged between 16 and 25 years old (up to 30 for people with disabilities). Get more information here.
- European Voluntary Service (EVS): open to foreign youngsters between 17 and 30 years old. Get more information here.
If you want to join us, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Never mind your school level, only your motivation matters!
If your organization is interested to become partners, please contact us at: email@example.com
- 60 years of engagement alongside the most vulnerable populations
- More than 300 public and private partners
- 1360 renovated housing
- 1000 workshop to increase the DIY and the empowerment of inhabitants
- 200 young volunteers from the French civic service and EVS
- 640 volunteers from all backgrounds and of all ages
- 180 permanent workers